Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Register Register Member List Member List  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
Tipping.org Forums * Tipping Forum * Archive through August 21, 2006 * Tipping House Painters < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

solablueangel
Username: solablueangel

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 12:28 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

I found this message board because I was wondering what is customary or acceptable regarding 'tipping' a crew of house painters if they do an excellent job. I read an old thread on this matter, and it was helpful, but mainly I wanted to use acceptable *ettiquete (maybemisspelled) but not seem too foolish if it is not proper to tip in such a situation. I tend to think it is proper and acceptable to tip house painter crews individually, though I think that many people would disagree with me as to whether it should be done. Do you have an opinion on it. Also, on a different topic,.... I do not believe that one should tip a rude and inattentive waitress, do you?

tipqueen
Intermediate Member
Username: tipqueen

Post Number: 274

Posted on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 12:43 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

I do not believe that one should tip a rude and inattentive waitress, do you?

Nope!

I tend to think it is proper and acceptable to tip house painter crews individually, though I think that many people would disagree with me as to whether it should be done. Do you have an opinion on it.

I think maybe buying them lunch or if they are painting "outside", some Ice Water/Lemonade/ or fresh brewed iced-tea, would be a nice compliment to show your appreciation for a job well done! (maybe even some fresh baked cookies??)

rev_rund
Username: rev_rund

Post Number: 187

Posted on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 01:02 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

YOU SHOULD ONLY TIP HOUSEPAINTERS IF THEY ARE NOT *RUDE*, *SELFISH*, OR *MEAN*. ONE TIME I HAD MY HOUSE PAINTED AND THE GUY WHO WAS PAINTING IT WAS REAL *MEAN*. I WANTED ONE SIDE OF THE HOUSE TO HAVE 12 AND 1/8 INCH PURPLE HORIZONTAL LINES INTERSECTED BY 6 AND 3/8 INCH MAROON LINES. WELL I KNEW HE WAS LAZY WHEN HE DIDN'T EVEN WRITE DOWN HOW I WANTED IT PAINTED. THEN, ONCE HE STOPPED PAINTING FOR 20 MINUTES AFTER A SWARM OF BEES THAT WERE IN THE ATTIC STUNG HIM REPEATEDLY. HE WAS SO SELFISH HE KEPT TALKING TO THE 911 OPERATOR WHILE I WAS TELLING HIM HOW *SEFISH* HE WAS. IT WASN'T UNTIL HIS VOCAL CHORDS SWELLED SHUT THAT I COULD REALLY TELL HIM WHAT I THOUGHT ABOUT HIM TAKING UP *MY TIME* THAT I WAS PAYING HIM TO PAINT, JUST TO LAY THEIR AND WEEZE ON THE LAWN. AND WHEN HE FINALLY GOT OUT OF THE HOSPITAL AND FINISHED WOULDN'T YOU KNOW THAT HE USED BURGUNDY PAINT INSTEAD OF MAROON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MAY HAVE LEFT HIM *SOMETHING* EVEN WITH HIS LAZY BEE VENOM INDUCED CONVULSION ACT, BUT TO USE THE WRONG PAINT WAS JUST LAZY AND *HURTFULL* *NO TIP*

(I'm sorry I'm having a momentary lapse of reason)

tipqueen
Intermediate Member
Username: tipqueen

Post Number: 275

Posted on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 01:35 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Lords? Donkey? YOU know who else.... is that you in disguise!??!?!

hahahha

jammie
Username: jammie

Post Number: 1264

Posted on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 04:32 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

rev, why didnt you call the 1-800-whawha number? You might have gotten free coupons for your next painting. Im sure at the corporate office they would have agreed with you. Did you forget to write that the painter was *UNCARING* to lay on *YOUR* lawn? I know your feelings were hurt as well. That painter sounded like a real *INDIOT*

solablueangel
Username: solablueangel

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 04:59 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

I did not know this forum had been taken over by comedians, but that is ok, and logical. Offering ice tea or other drinks definitely goes without saying....my grandmother taught me that when I was a girl, she had lots of workers (painters and carpenters, etc) coming and going and I remember she always set out lemonade or ice tea and cookies. I, of course, only LEARNED that from her. Hospitality. I hope to be able to give them a tip, anyway. Fortunately the weather is better, now....not so deathly hot, which makes painting outside pretty impossible. SolaBlueAngel

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration