Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Register Register Member List Member List  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
Tipping.org Forums * Tipping Forum * Archive through January 09, 2006 * Do I tip a maid service?? < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

thissell
Username: thissell

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 12:39 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Hi, I can't really seem to find a thread on this. I've just hired a bi-weekly maid service to come to my house. I'm pregnant and don't want to be around too many of the chemicals (in addition to the nausea factor). They just vacuum downstairs, wash the kitchen and bathroom floors and clean the bathrooms. They've only come a couple of times, but it hasn't been the same people, so I doubt it is the owner. Do I tip them in addition to paying them? If so, how much? Thanks
Sarah

jayne
Username: jayne

Posted on Saturday, February 12, 2005 - 11:04 am:   Edit Post Print Post

I can't find anything on this either. I just hired a bi-weekly service also and I'm going to give them an extra five bucks each. I'm just guessing but that seems ok to me.

vozveratu
Username: vozveratu

Post Number: 36

Posted on Saturday, February 12, 2005 - 11:16 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Hmm, maid service at a hotel is where you tip a few dollars for cleaning your room.

Maid Service to come to your house is different. You can tip, but what I would do is ask the manager or planner on the phone if tip is required or already included in the bill.

They usually will state, no they don't take tips or yes, you can tip if the job was exceptional.

When in doubt, ask.

Peace

bstodd
Username: bstodd

Posted on Monday, February 14, 2005 - 01:14 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Here is a page that will answer your question.

http://www.maidsamerica.com/faq_tipping.htm

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration